Very much. It was useful to gain an insight into the work done by different practices areas of the Firm, and to get a feel for the Firm's culture. I found many of the tasks I was given to be stimulating. I also enjoyed the social aspect of the scheme.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
On balance I felt value during my time at the Firm. I was given real exposure to live projects and given the opportunity to contribute to the success of those projects. Those who I sat with in different practices areas really took the time to get to know me, both in the office and at social events.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
A good amount. After I had completed a piece of work I was given detailed feedback. I was also given comprehensive reading material which explained the nature of the work undertaken in the practices areas in which I sat. This gave me a good insight into the Firm and the work that it does.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Greatly. First of all, I gained some very useful IT skills. I learnt how to use ChangePro and additional functions on Microsoft Word. I gained a good insight into two practices areas. This will assist me in choose the practices areas in which to sit as a trainee, and the practice area to qualify into.
5. How well structured was the insight?
The insight was very well structured. Gaining a detailed insight into two practice areas over a two week period seems the right amount. The assessments were conducted at the appropriate time (in the early part of the second week). The Scheme was generally very well organized with everything running to time.
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
There was a friendly atmosphere in the office. I felt everyone who partook in the Vacation Scheme got on well with one another (something that was really aided by the social events). Employees of the Firm were also very friendly, especially the trainees and the associates. On balance, the atmosphere was very pleasant.
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?