Project Engineer graduate at Tata Steel

Newport Wales
Electronic and Electrical Engineering Engineering Manufacturing Mechanical Engineering Product Design/Industrial Design

Electrical Project Engineer Graduate

I Really enjoyed my experience at Tata Steel. Compared to Previous jobs I really enjoyed the work it was both challenging and enjoyable.

I felt a lot of attention was given to me and I was constantly being asked how things was going and provided with plenty of guidance, work and free time to develop.

I was given constant guidance by line managers colleagues and managers. I was directed to always ask questions and reaffirmed that help is always available by everyone I spoke to. When I had a issue colleagues was quick to stop what they were doing and go out of their was to provided me assistance.

I found I had the perfect balance in my work load. Although some days could get very busy and others a little slow most days I knew what I was doing but still had enough free time for my personal development.

I wasn't given much responsibility at the start which was expected but the more aware I become and the more plant knowledge I had obtained the more responsibility I was given. I ran my own personal project during my time at Tata and was given sufficient access to the Plant and company systems.

I feel the skills I obtained will be very useful not only in my degree and studies but as a professional engineer further down my career. I was provided with 1 on 1 training as well as developing my personal skills through self review and individual action.

I really enjoyed my work atmosphere, the close proximity to a large pool of engineering professionals meant that I was constantly learning and picking up new ideas. I enjoyed the company everyone was very welcoming and friendly.

At the start they wasn't fully prepared and the work was slow but after the first month it really picked up and became a lot more structured once I knew what I was doing and given more responsibility.

They invested a lot of time in my personal development including taking me on trips and visiting different plants. I managed to go to technological showcase events and moved about to pick up knowledge from a large variety of engineers who was all professionals in different fields.

Tata is a large company and I was able to witness different sections of the company when I visited different sites. They offer the chance to move about and their is employable opportunities all over the country.

Great social life provided by the company, these include company events, meals and works do's their is also a yammer group called magnet which aims on taking young professionals on trips and bonding experiences.

I worked in my home town which meant I was able to live at home with all of my friends and family.

Their is a great nightlife in Newport offering restaurants, sports events and a large variety of pubs & nightclubs.

Yes I attended a gym that I went to before work every day that included classes for a great price. I also joined a rugby team that I am still a part of and meet some close friends.