7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
typical office atmosphere , but warm enough for employees to have good working relationship with each other.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
that is the best part, all your schedule is very organised, and you always know what you have to do , or you always have someone to ask
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
quite a lot of resources were spent on training placement students in Cummins, so far I have had 5 training courses, 4 of them were in business skills training and 1 course in engine performance.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
unsure yet as cummins jobs are very competitive
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes very much, we became very good friends and spend the weekends relaxing from the hard work of the placement
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Daventry for me wasn't as cheap as I hoped it would be, but for the pay you get from your placement its perfectly affordable
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Daventry is a small town which I think could use some renovation and needs a train station , there are buses but the night life is quite, if there is any!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Cummis have a collaboration with stem ambassadors and schools where they send employees to represent the company at school career fairs and university recruitment fairs, and these activities were plentiful , even if you missed one, there is always a second one!
Imagine yourself working at Cummins
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Cummins