Customer Account Representative at Cummins

Darlington North East
Customer Service

6.7/10

Thoroughly enjoy all aspects of my role and Cummins as a whole.

The job itself is in a fantastic working environment and involves a lot of responsibility.

I have had constant support from members of staff from all over the plant and I always receive recognition for hard work.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Cummins

One thing I have been grateful for from day one of my role is that my team made me feel welcome. I often forget that I am a student as I get treated like any other member of staff.

I have always had great support from not only management and my team leader, but from the whole department.

On my first day at Cummins I was told that 'There is no such thing as a stupid question'. The people around me have always been supportive and helped in any way that they can, no matter how busy they are.

Once I had settled into my role and understood the daily processes more, I found that I had a steady work balance.

Month and year end can be stressful at times, however this is part of the fun and the times that I found that I had learnt the most.

I have been given a tremendous amount of responsibility from day one.

I have my own clients who I communicate and deal with daily.

I feel that this placement will put me ahead of most if not all other candidates when I apply for jobs after university. To have all of this experience on my CV from a huge company such as Cummins will definitely make me more of an attractive candidate.

Not only will it benefit me for applying for future roles, I feel the skills I have developed have now given me a positive mind set for my final year of university.

• There were no perks with this Placement Year