1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Thoroughly enjoy all aspects of my role and Cummins as a whole.
The job itself is in a fantastic working environment and involves a lot of responsibility.
I have had constant support from members of staff from all over the plant and I always receive recognition for hard work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
One thing I have been grateful for from day one of my role is that my team made me feel welcome. I often forget that I am a student as I get treated like any other member of staff.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have always had great support from not only management and my team leader, but from the whole department.
On my first day at Cummins I was told that 'There is no such thing as a stupid question'. The people around me have always been supportive and helped in any way that they can, no matter how busy they are.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Once I had settled into my role and understood the daily processes more, I found that I had a steady work balance.
Month and year end can be stressful at times, however this is part of the fun and the times that I found that I had learnt the most.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given a tremendous amount of responsibility from day one.
I have my own clients who I communicate and deal with daily.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel that this placement will put me ahead of most if not all other candidates when I apply for jobs after university. To have all of this experience on my CV from a huge company such as Cummins will definitely make me more of an attractive candidate.
Not only will it benefit me for applying for future roles, I feel the skills I have developed have now given me a positive mind set for my final year of university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?