2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
One thing I have been grateful for from day one of my role is that my team made me feel welcome. I often forget that I am a student as I get treated like any other member of staff.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have always had great support from not only management and my team leader, but from the whole department.
On my first day at Cummins I was told that 'There is no such thing as a stupid question'. The people around me have always been supportive and helped in any way that they can, no matter how busy they are.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Once I had settled into my role and understood the daily processes more, I found that I had a steady work balance.
Month and year end can be stressful at times, however this is part of the fun and the times that I found that I had learnt the most.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given a tremendous amount of responsibility from day one.
I have my own clients who I communicate and deal with daily.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel that this placement will put me ahead of most if not all other candidates when I apply for jobs after university. To have all of this experience on my CV from a huge company such as Cummins will definitely make me more of an attractive candidate.
Not only will it benefit me for applying for future roles, I feel the skills I have developed have now given me a positive mind set for my final year of university.
Imagine yourself working at Cummins
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Cummins