Regional Business Analyst at Cummins

Wellingborough West Midlands
Business Analytics

5.7/10

1.5

The role itself was interesting and I've realised that is something I want to do in the future, have gained new skills which I should be able to apply in my further studies and after uni jobs. However, lack of social life has made the whole experience not so enjoyable.

I've fit well in the team and the team itself was wonderful - loads of jokes and laughs in the office, everyone is friendly and willing to help.

My manager was really supportive and flexible, would always take into accounts my preferences and dislikes, give guidance and try to involve me in projects I am interested in.

It varied from week to week, some weeks were really busy, some not so much.

I've received quite a lot of training in Project Management, Business Analysis and 6 Sigma, have also learned a lot about new tools and systems.

As I've mentioned before, colleagues are funny and love sarcasm, so there is no sad day in the office.

Since I'm the first placement student in such role in this location, at first it felt like there was no plan what I was supposed to do, however, throughout the year it became clearer what I am supposed to do. I am sure though that for students after me, it will be more structured.

My manager involved me in the main trainings that full-time employees and business analysts undertake.

In the location I've worked, definitely not a place for a young person to settle. However, in other locations, the future prospects are quite good, quite a few possibilities of travel and opportunities to relocate abroad.

Without me, there was only 1 more placement student/graduate, so was not a good atmosphere for students. Colleagues also were not keen to hang out after work.

Cost of living was quite expensive, considering it was a small town. There are barely any places to socialise so did not spend much money on that.

Non existent.

There is a sports and social club but it is not very active.