7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Colleagues around me interact with each other.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Took a while to get assess to the computer system. Additionally, going through a long process to get access to different softwares i need access for to carry through my role. My manager was persistent in getting me moving.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I went on a womens development program and had weekly 1:1 with my manager. My personal and professional development was valued by my manager.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Relatively cheap because it's very rural. Town centre is nearly 2 miles away. Social aspect was poor but London and Leicester is a train ride away. Wellingborough is an ideal location to travel to other cities.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There isn't a nightlife here because it isn't a university town. There isn't much choice for nightlife unless you like whetherspoons or very traditional pubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Me and my colleague would organise to do things together. There are community helping events to take part in. Additionally, there is the sports and social club - they organise events to like Christmas meals for the people who join.
Imagine yourself working at Cummins
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Cummins