Risk management at UBS

London Greater London
Banking - Investment

UBS is a Top Employer

8.1/10

The internship taught me a lot and it confirmed that I would like to work in risk management.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

They were very thankful when I completed work for them and they always made sure I was okay.

The team were very supportive. Whenever I asked them a question they were more than happy to help me. They went out of their way to make sure that I understood why the processes work or why a certain formula was used.

It varied quite a bit, some days I had a lot to do, others there was time to do some extra reading related to the job and the markets

The team I worked with gave me tasks which are part of the full time job and so the documents I created were used.

My excel skills quickly improved and I learnt a lot about risk management, such as how to interpret beta gamma and vega.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Being on the trading floor meant that there was always a general buzz around the floor but being in a job which requires mathematical application meant that people in the team were often quiet.

The internship was set up well, the first week was good to get to know other interns.

They provided tutorials before the internship so that every intern can start with a good understanding of an investment bank and the specific job area.
The team taught me a lot and there were papers available on various topics.

I am on the grad scheme

when events were organised everyone went. But being in a small division meant that there were only a few other risk interns and so there wasn't as much of a social scene as with traders etc. But the halls of residence that many interns stayed in were very sociable.

London prices..

easy to get to everywhere in london

There's a lot going on in london in general and UBS organised some activities outside of work