Commercial Industrial Placement at L'Oreal

E-Business Retail Sales

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

10.0/10

I spent a day in the London Hammersmith office for the 'Lads at L'Oréal' insight day. I was able to shadow the current intern in the position for which I applied for a placement year. The intern as well as the ladies from HR - This section of the comment has been removed
by a member of the RateMyPlacement Team because
it did not meet our site terms and conditions
if I remember correctly - were extraordinarily friendly and helpful in answering questions. The other guys and I felt very welcomed and everyone left with a bag of new products and a heightened interest in the industry.

We arrived and were given an interesting presentation about the company. Soon I was matched with a current intern who took me to the cafe in the building, bought me a coffee, and casually told me about the role. I then went to his desk, met his manager, and learned so much about the role (and a few new Excel tricks). It was a great surprise that these busy and important people took the time out of their day for it.

Great support, it was structured but flexible enough to suit my specific questions.

Shadowing the intern gave me a first look at what being on a team that manages an account is really like. It was a great learning experience - something you can't get from uni. I'd highly recommend anyone with an interest in consumer products to attend an insight day if given the opportunity.

There were specific sections during the day but when I was shadowing the intern he was very interested in what I wanted to know more about and directed what we were working on in that direction.

The office is very modern and the boardroom we were in had a great view of the London skyline. Everyone is very well-dressed and confident and there are new products everywhere. The cafe is lovely and everyone is working very hard but don't seem overly stressed or frantic. Overall the atmosphere was warm, fashionable, and welcoming.

It was just a single insight day, but they made very good use of everyone's time who attended.

Shadowing the current intern was really what made this insight day stand out.

The intern answered all of my questions about the company culture and I got a good feel for it by being in the office.

The day really sparked my interest in the industry and especially L'Oréal.

I was able to shadow the intern working in the specific role I applied for.

Yes. I.e. charity events and social events out around London.

Absolutely