1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my time at the ABI - it's a great place to work with lots of opportunities for development.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The organisation itself isn't too big so you get to know most people quite well which I really enjoyed. I worked really closely with my team and felt I could ask them for help with anything!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The ABI is really good at offering support. I always felt comfortable asking my manager for advice and guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As with most jobs there were busier periods and quieter ones but overall I'd say there is a pretty good balance in the role. During quieter periods there is still plenty to do and always someone you can help.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The ABI definitely offers you the opportunity to take ownership and responsibility of your work which was great!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I definitely feel that my time at the ABI helped me develop and grow and as a result I feel a lot more confident about any future jobs! The exposure I had whilst at the ABI was great and has definitely prepared me for a future career!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really friendly atmosphere! Always felt comfortable and able to ask anyone for help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
A well structured, clear and organised internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were lots of opportunities for personal development and my manager was always looking into my development programme. Whilst at the ABI I was able to go on training courses which has really helped my confidence.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would definitely consider working here in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There aren't a lot of other placement/students so the opportunities there are limited but there are plenty of opportunities to socialise with other colleagues.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Fun but expensive.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?