1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Throughout my placement I have been exposed to so many exciting opportunities. I have learnt so much all the way from soft skills (e.g presenting to customers), to technical and mathematical skills. Not only I have thoroughly enjoyed the placement itself but most importantly the team I am in.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I learnt not only technical skills from senior colleagues but also business skills and professionalism to showcase demos and talk to clients.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There were 3 support functions at my placement, a manager, a buddy and a mentor. These 3 support functions didn't just give me support but also opportunities within my team and outside my line of business.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Although I was travelling around the UK for events/customer meetings quite a lot in a short amount of time, I would then have the chance to have a break when these events/meetings finished. I felt that the flexibility was really balanced.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Some projects I was involved in I was given a lot of responsibility (e.g present in front of several customers, create demos for big events and customers and be involved in multiple large innovative projects) I had support prior to these events so I was prepped and ready.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Before my placement I really wanted to build my soft skills/technical skills and mathematical skills as I studied a joint honors (Mathematics and Computer Science). I had a lot of client facing events and meetings which improved my soft skills, the technical skills and mathematical skills I learnt throughout the year really linked in well with previous modules and upcoming modules for final year as well
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The culture and atmosphere was perfect. There is a real work life / social feel to the whole atmosphere within Oracle.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall program was very well organised. We also had several events/competitions on the side of our normal job, this was from a range such as raising money for charities to talks with senior level people from Oracle/Partners.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a great graduate scheme which would be very well linked into after completing my degree.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were 40+ placement students, we all were located in either Reading or London but we organised socials outside of work every few weeks which created a great social group.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived in West London as this was half way from both offices. The living costs were high however travelling anywhere which was not my home office would be covered by Oracle
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife couldn't have been better, there is so much to do near London, with work and outside of work. There is always something happening throughout each week as well.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?