Pre-Sales Technical consultant at Oracle

Moorgate Central London and City
Business Analytics Business Management Computer Science Information Technology Mathematics/Statistics

9.1/10

Throughout my placement I have been exposed to so many exciting opportunities. I have learnt so much all the way from soft skills (e.g presenting to customers), to technical and mathematical skills. Not only I have thoroughly enjoyed the placement itself but most importantly the team I am in.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Oracle

I learnt not only technical skills from senior colleagues but also business skills and professionalism to showcase demos and talk to clients.

There were 3 support functions at my placement, a manager, a buddy and a mentor. These 3 support functions didn't just give me support but also opportunities within my team and outside my line of business.

Although I was travelling around the UK for events/customer meetings quite a lot in a short amount of time, I would then have the chance to have a break when these events/meetings finished. I felt that the flexibility was really balanced.

Some projects I was involved in I was given a lot of responsibility (e.g present in front of several customers, create demos for big events and customers and be involved in multiple large innovative projects) I had support prior to these events so I was prepped and ready.

Before my placement I really wanted to build my soft skills/technical skills and mathematical skills as I studied a joint honors (Mathematics and Computer Science). I had a lot of client facing events and meetings which improved my soft skills, the technical skills and mathematical skills I learnt throughout the year really linked in well with previous modules and upcoming modules for final year as well

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Oracle

The culture and atmosphere was perfect. There is a real work life / social feel to the whole atmosphere within Oracle.

The overall program was very well organised. We also had several events/competitions on the side of our normal job, this was from a range such as raising money for charities to talks with senior level people from Oracle/Partners.

There is a great graduate scheme which would be very well linked into after completing my degree.

There were 40+ placement students, we all were located in either Reading or London but we organised socials outside of work every few weeks which created a great social group.

I lived in West London as this was half way from both offices. The living costs were high however travelling anywhere which was not my home office would be covered by Oracle

The nightlife couldn't have been better, there is so much to do near London, with work and outside of work. There is always something happening throughout each week as well.