1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved my year at Avis. I have learnt so much - hard and soft skills.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone is so supportive and appreciative of your work, I was treated as if I were a normal employee which really helped with my confidence!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I knew my managers were there for any question or challenge. I had a 1:1 meeting each week so there was always the opportunity to ask for help or for more work!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given a lot of responsibility so was very busy, but project based work still has its ups and downs.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was working on projects as any other employee would be - presenting to senior staff and external advisors. They'll push you as far as you want to go.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I received a professional qualification that has pushed my CV above average. My interpersonal skills and confidence has improved which will help me in all situations in the future - professional or personal.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone is friendly and welcoming. There are activities on throughout the year to get involved in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was able to gain a professional qualification that will really boost my employability.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Many other employees started as placement students so it is definitely possible. I hope to return too.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were only 5 students in my year, but we still socialised together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Accommodation isn't cheap, but much cheaper than London! Cost of living is average.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The surrounding areas were easy to get to and had plenty of bars/restaurants/clubs - Bracknell has mainly shops and restaurants.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?