2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
Despite sitting in an extremely busy department, everyone was friendly, approachable and keen to answer any questions I had. I was treated like a trainee by my supervisor and other lawyers in the department from the outset. I was given tasks that would help me understand the transactions that were being worked on, or tasks that would typically be given to a trainee.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
Norton Rose Fulbright offers an extensive support network during the vacation scheme. I had two trainee buddies (one in my department and the other in a different department), a departmental contact and a supervisor, all of whom were very forthcoming as to what I could expect throughout the week. The Graduate Recruitment team were also extremely informative and supportive throughout the process.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
5. How well structured was the insight?
Very well structured. There were a number of presentations and skills sessions as well as opportunities to network at social events. They managed to fit a lot in during the 7 days we had!
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
The atmosphere was great. Everyone I encountered was open, friendly and supportive.
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The lawyers I worked with took the time to explain new concepts to me and Graduate Recruitment offered a number of skills sessions which were very valuable.
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
Speaking with my supervisor, trainees and other lawyers gave me a good understanding of what I could expect as a trainee at Norton Rose Fulbright.
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content of the day in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?