I really enjoyed the insight day, there was lots of information provided about the company and its programs and because we were a small group it was quite easy to ask questions and get clarification.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
The staff members that came in to address us were all on time and were quite prepared, ready and happy to answer any question posed to them.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
The staff members were there to answer questions on the application process and basically telling us about their experiences when applying, so that really helped.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel like even though I decide not to apply to BDO in particular, all the information and tips I was given about the application process, for example who to do great at interviews, will help me throughout my life with any job that application that I make.
5. How well structured was the insight?
The day was very well structured and everything was timely, nothing went on for too long.
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
It was quite nerve wracking at first because it’s done in such a professional environment but once the insight day leader asked everyone to introduce themselves and also to feel comfortable asking questions, the mood just lightened up and it was quite enjoyable.
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
I went to the insight day not knowing what exactly I wanted to do in accounting but when the staff members from the different sectors of the firm gave us information on what their day to day work involves, it really became clear to me what I want to focus on.
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
From the insight day I was able to pick up what exactly the company valued and just how important relations are in their workplace since most of their work requires teamwork.
10. How valuable was the content of the day in helping you to decide on your future career path?
It was incredible, I now know what exactly I’m aiming for in future. When the staff members from the external audit team did their presentation it really made me want to be where they are and that was quite awesome.
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
The insight day was in Leeds and I’m based in Leeds so no expenses where incurred.
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
We had a chance to talk to the employees over a one hour thirty minute lunch break.
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
It was nice having conversation with the employees as well as the other attendees over Lunch. This gave us the opportunity to ask any more questions about the firm and the employees were happy to answer even questions relating to their work experiences with the firm.
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
The employees did talk quite a lot about the social activities they get involved with.
15. Would you recommend this insight to a friend?
For someone who has a passion for accounting and really wants to know about the opportunities available for them at BDO then its a definite must for them to attend the insight day, you won’t regret it.