Intern (Assurance) at PwC

Bristol South West

6.8/10

6.5

Women in Business Scheme shadowing placement - shadowed female associates in the assurance department for a week.

Was able to shadow female associates in the office, including visiting client sites, which I felt was very insightful. Experienced the work and was able to learn more about what's it's like to work for Pwc.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at PwC

I was given work that would help with authentic audits for various companies, it was nice to be trusted with checking these accounts and completing tasks without supervision.

The associates that I shadowed were extremely useful, gave me information not only on the work but on the work-life balance of the company, the people that were there and the other clients that they visit and work with.

The information I received would not assist me in my degree studies specifically, but will be pf great value when I start their graduate programme.

The structure was okay, I was shadowing 3 different female associates, which were varied enough for me to get a balance of working in the office and on client sites.

The general atmosphere was that the people who worked there were easy to get on with, worked really well together and it was a very supportive environment.

n/a

The insight scheme gave me a hands on experience as to what it would be like to work for PwC. I am grateful for the opportunity I had as I feel that it is a company that I would like to work for in the future.

I was able to work in group projects, talking to many team members and even attended a monthly talk on the updates within the company as a whole.

The day enabled me to experience assurance hands on, and I feel like I have a good knowledge of what the job title holds. I believe it is a career path I am interested in pursuing.

Paid basic pay for the week.

n/a

They have 'houses' which you join when you start. They have different inter-house competitions but also have house events where you can make friends in different departments.