1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working at Randstad has been a fantastic experience and has given me the perfect insight into a job after University.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From day one you feel a value member of the team and the support and knowledge you receive is second to none.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My management has offered extensive support daily and if ever I need help/advice I can always go to my manager as well as my colleagues.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The tasks I was assigned on a daily basis kept me busy and no two days were the same. Every task required different skills to complete and each task allowed me to test my skills and develop them.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The varied tasks I was given during my placement allowed my to use my skills and develop myself as an individual. I was given a lot of responsibility during my placement year which tied into me feeling like a valued team member.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel the skills I gained during the first two years of University put me in a suitable position going into my placement year. On my placement year my understanding around the workplace alongside my skills and characteristics, only improved and has put my in a brilliant position going back to University.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was generally a good atmosphere in the office daily. The office I am situated in is in the heart of central London so the vibe around the place is a good one and an experience which has been memorable to date.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The work placement was certainly well organised. There was an assessment centre which was attended by placement students and the appropriate students were selected to undertake a year of work with Randstad. This assessment centre ran smoothly and was well prepared and this organisation only continued into placement. Alongside this, Randstad have been very responsive in filling out the required documents for my university.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Once I begun my placement, it was mandatory that I attended a induction day where I was provided with various relevant details on the company and their position in the market. This was the perfect overview of the company I was apart of. From day one, my colleagues have been extremely supportive with any assistance I require and this has allowed me to develop my skills and learn new concepts in relation to the world of work.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If I was invited back to work with Randstad after university then this is an option I would certainly consider. This would only be considered as the company has made me feel valued, have assisted in developing my skills and have put me in a good position to attend my final year of university and graduate.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
In my office alone there are 5+ placement students. It is good to have a mix of placement students as you can share your experiences of university and of your time at Randstad. It is satisfying to know there is somebody else in the same position as you and it allows you to develop good friendships.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Working in central London, the costs as expected are very high. I travel in on the train which is extremely expensive, however it saves me money not having to live in central London. Alongside this, socialising with your work colleagues and friends in the area is something which is difficult due to the cost, yet it can be done if you are sensible with your money and budget well.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Having such a reliable and impressive transport structure in London, I am lucky in a sense that travel is easy. This allows me to enjoy the vast nightlife that London has to offer. Around work, there are plenty of bars and restaurants which are perfect for socialising with your friends and colleagues.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were occasional activities outside of work which everyone was invited to get along to. Some of which are quiz nights, rounders and raising money for charity. This alongside various work parties give you a great mix of outside activities.