1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoy my placement at Randstad CPE. I enjoy the challenges that I face and I love how no two days are the same.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel extremely valued by my colleagues. In particular, the consultants that I resource for. I was able to be given employee of the month and 'Managers star of the month' whilst being here!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
When I first started at Randstad, I was given brilliant guidance from my consultant who showed me the best way to resource, and helped me learn from my initial mistakes. This helped me to grow on my experiences and extend my abilities to resource for different people in the office.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I am relatively busy every day. I always have jobs to be filled, especially as I help various consultants in the office. I also now the skill set to do other stuff such as pay roll for current candidates and holding in house meetings with candidates to help them make improvements to their CV's and discuss future career plans. I also talk to clients about their current recruitment needs. Days at Randstad fly by!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I am given a lot of responsibility on my placement. From getting candidates into free lance roles or to preparing candidates for permanent interviews. I am also able to speak to clients to receive job specifications. I also am responsible for making sure some current candidates get their weekly pay by getting their time sheets in on time!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have gained and developed so many different skills from doing a placement at Randstad CPE, for example organisation, communication and my overall confidence. I believe these skills and what I have learnt can help me in my final year at university and in most job opportunities that I will strive to achieve once I graduate!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really good atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Really well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I went to Luton for Randstad UK training and flew to Southampton for Randstad CPE Training. I also spent time in Newcastle doing training directly for my desk.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am believe that I have a high chance of reemployment with Randstad CPE
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I get on really well with all my colleagues and my fellow placement student colleague in the office!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I live in a Student Flat in Leeds, which is decent priced. I live with 6 other students in the city centre, 20 minutes away from work. The cost of living in Leeds is reasonably priced too!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Really good nightlife in Leeds!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There have been some opportunities with activities that I have done with fellow colleagues.