1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had an absolute wonderful year with CA Technologies and had such a varied and interesting experience. Everyone that I interacted with was very willing to provide support and further incite into the industry and opportunities.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was part of a fabulous team at CA Technologies who were very interested in what I had to say as a young women within the industry. I was given a lot of responsibility and was really help to play to my strengths as well as work on my weaknesses.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My Managers were very supportive in allowing me to get as much out of the experience as I wanted. I was pushed to excel and well as challenged on a regular basis but I always knew that I had the backing of managers support. I was also able to pitch ideas to senior members of the team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was quite busy on a regular basis if you are looking for a job that doesn't require you to be busy this isn't the one for you. However, I thrive in environments where I am kept very busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had lots of responsibility with in the team helping with QBR, weekly clipping reports as well as creating a content for the EMEA president.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As someone who really struggles with writing I was able to constantly improve on this skill. I was also able to gain in depth knowledge of the communications industry which I am know using in my role as a board member for a not for profit organisation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was both work and play at the office. We were able to take part in various amounts of social activity through the onsite gym and facilities. However, we all also worked hard.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well set up as I wasn't completely thrown in at the deep end. My responsibilities grew along with me developing my skills.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a strong focus within the communications team on personal development in order to become better and more effective at the jobs we were doing. We had quarterly team meetings where there was varied amount of training ranging from Videoing, crucial conversations, social media to name a few. I was also able to attend various trainings on my own such as building your own personal brand.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would very much enjoy going back to CA in the future. I had a great and rewarding time on my internship and the work environment and the people really made my time there.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Most of us placement students lived together which made it a very sociable year. However, this has not always been the case but I can highly recommend this if you do get the placements.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
There was a lot of socialising but it isn't the cheapest place to live and finance your life.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife in windsor was great. Many a night was spent out in windsor.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were lots of opportunities if you went looking from them. However I spent most of the year focusing on my placement and found that I had enough of this opportunities with my fellow placement students.