This was a one week vacation scheme, where candidates are seated in a departmental seat of choice.
1. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
I very much enjoyed my time at Norton Rose Fulbright. They truly go above and beyond to make you feel welcomed to the firm and a part of the team!
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
I believe I was spoken to and treated as a Trainee - my supervisor and team valued my opinions and gave me opportunities to contribute to real client work.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
The Graduate Recruitment team were very helpful as to what to expect during the vacation scheme, and my supervisor and team were always ready to answer my questions (especially when I found myself lost regarding a certain piece of law) and give me feedback when needed!
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As I am currently reading for my LLM, this vacation scheme allowed me to see the practical aspects of transactional work and therefore complements my studies quite nicely!
5. How well structured was the insight?
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
Everyone was very supportive and friendly. Having also attended firm events like team lunches and drinks receptions it was great to see the human side to the busy City lawyer life! All my peers on the vacation scheme were driven and encouraging of eachother! It was truly a great experience.
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As a vacation scheme student training was very much ad hoc on the job, though I was able to attend a Team training session in a department other than the one I was seated in.
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content of the day in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
There were loads of events organised where I was fortunate to network with trainees of the firm over drinks, lunches and dinner.
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?