1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The people I worked with were amazing - they were so helpful and would always answer any questions that I asked. They were also very welcoming and I immediately felt like I was part of the wider team. I also had many opportunities available to me throughout my time.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued. They would always ask me questions about what I thought we should do, I was never put in the back seat
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was constantly supported just the right amount by everyone around me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
very busy constantly but never too overworked. I was never bored and I was constantly driven by my work
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was able to inout my ideas, however obviously I was not the expert in my project so I was not allowed to steer from the very start (which was good)
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
So much, I couldn't imagine not doing my placement year and moving onto third year straight away,
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Atmosphere was great. everyone was really friendly and would always have tea and lunch breaks together.we had Christmas parties and outings as well. We also did boxing to keep fit as a team every Friday.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
We had lots of training at the beginning so we were never thrown in at the deep end. We always knew who we could talk to and what was happening throughout the placement - so very organised
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They taught me how to be great in the lab, as well as be safe, plan experiments, write reports, analyse papers.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes because there were so many people on the course we would always spend time together
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
average because its near London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nothing here, however it was close to London
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots, we regularly went to the gym and out for lunch