As a Junior recruitment business partner, I implement a strong recruitment strategy alongside my senior stakeholders to drive high performance and growth within the business. I specialise in attracting and identifying talented individuals and future leaders to introduce to the business.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The Training is amazing with the experience gained being both on and off the job. The culture in the office is also second to none.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
With the resourcer role I felt like all the effort and hard work put in is rewarded financially and also promoted within the team and wider business.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was taken under the wing of my manger, with shadowing and then putting what i learnt into practice.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Every day is different, some days I can be working from 8:30-5:30 and others will have me really busy in the office working past this but still enjoying what I do along with the team.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I would cover my manger when he was away on holiday. I also would help with the interviewing process.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt critical people skills and also phone skills
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Always busy and stuff going on.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Was set up very well from the start.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Was put on my own tailored training programme. Was sent away for training days and also on the job training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Currently doing the first stage of my training, However set up for the next levels and promotions. There is also the potential to return after I have graduated.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We would all attend training and also sit together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Based in London - so expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Based in London - good night life.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was events and also assessment days arranged to take part in should I so wish.