Development Intern at Landmark Information Group

Exeter South West
Business Analytics Business Intelligence Computer and Systems Engineering Computer Science Graphic Design Information Technology

8.6/10

I really enjoyed my software development placement. The company is relaxed and provides interesting work that kept me motivated over the year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Landmark Information Group

My opinion was taken into consideration on projects and I feel like I contributed a lot over the year.

Management support and guidance was excellent. Meetings every month or so meant I could bring up any issues and get advice on projects and what I should do next. If there were any urgent issues I was able to approach my manager and speak to them at any time.

On joining, it only took around two weeks to start making changes to the code and seeing those changes deployed. I was then able to pick up more and more work and balance it just right. At times when a release was due to go live the amount of work did build up, but support from the rest of the team meant I was able to deal with this.

Lots of responsibility throughout the year. I was listened to in the projects worked on and helped make decisions on the next steps.

Very useful skills learnt. The development skills helped in my final year and soft skills gained will help in the future.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Landmark Information Group

Modern open plan office. Software developers all sit within the same area of the building. If you need help then everyone is approachable and will try to help.

The placement started with being placed into a team which had experience with having placement students. This meant that they knew what to expect from me and were able to help when needed. After a few months of settling in I was able to look around the other teams and projects and choose an area (with manager help) to spend the next few months in. This meant I worked in different teams throughout the year so saw how different teams operate.

Given access to a Pluralsight account in order to learn what I needed to, when I needed to. Time was allowed to be set aside for working on personal development/projects. Other employees also ran sessions on things they were interested in to help spread the word and get other people interested in subjects.

After my placement year I was offered a job, however chose to pursue another option. I would be more than happy to return in the future.

Due to being the only placement student for the year, there was not much of a social scene. However, I believe there are now more placements being offered which should help.

The cost of living is not too expensive. There are lots of places to eat and nice places to visit nearby.

There are many pubs and clubs around.

There were numerous volunteer projects offered throughout the year. These included development projects, sports events and more.