site engineer at Costain

Brynmawr Wales
Civil Engineering

9.3/10

A great insight into the engineering industry, gained a massive amount of experience in a short space of time.

Trusted to carry out tasks the same as the site engineers. included and opinion is always valued.

Questions were answered and explained in detail. Clear targets were set at the beginning of the placement to maximise what I would gain from it.

the day consisted of various activities throughout the entirety of the working day.

I helped give engineering support to a sub-contractor, ensuring that all was done to the standard of the site engineer.

the placement helped me massively to complete my final year of university and develop what I had already learnt.

A welcoming atmosphere within the office, everyone was friendly and willing to offer advice and direction where needed.

The placement was very well organised from the start and structured throughout giving the best opportunities.

Training on equipment was constant throughout the placement. Helping me obtain my CSCS card. giving me a desk and computer.

Contain offer a graduate scheme which will allow you progress with them once you have graduated.

the working atmosphere was good, everyone willing to engage and help each other were needed.

the cost of living was manageable and towns are in the area were you'd find everything you would need.

I didn't really experience the nightlife although there are good pubs in the area.

I was involved in the 3 peaks challenge and also a 5 a side football game each Thursday.