Software Engineer Intern at Autodesk

Birmingham West Midlands
Computer Science

8.1/10

I really enjoyed my internship. The atmosphere in the office was nice, and everyone was very friendly. The work was interesting and allowed me to add value to their products.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Autodesk

I felt very valued by my team. The tasks that I was given reflected this - they were not trivial and allowed me to make a contribution.

My supervisor was incredibly supportive, and was more than happy to help when I asked.
Also, the initial two weeks of the placement, before being assigned a team, was dedicated to an intensive training course in C++, which was very helpful.

I always had a task to work on - most of the internship was based around one major project, with a number of smaller tasks throughout. I was nearly always busy, but the pace was good.

I felt I was given a good amount of responsibility, with tasks that reflected my level of experience, and I was mostly left to work independently on them. The main project I was given to work on required me to work directly with the code and allowed me to add value to the software.

I have developed my C++ skills, which has been incredibly helpful as a number of my final year modules are C/C++ based, as well as more general skills such communication and analytical thinking.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Autodesk

Very friendly, and relaxed atmosphere.

It felt well organised the majority of the time. There was a clear training plan during the first two weeks, and a number of tasks of increasing difficulty once joining the team.

Two weeks paid training before being put in a team. Following this, we were assigned a personal supervisor to provide guidance and was always available to help. A lot of time was taken to get us to a level at which we could contribute, and really get a lot out of time there.

Appealing. I have accepted a graduate position with them.

Good number of socials for the interns, including pub nights, curries and Frisbee golf.

For a city, everything is pretty cheap.

Not bad. There's something for everyone.

Decent amount of socials.