1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working at RCI was a really great experience, I managed to learn a lot in a short space of time and enjoy my time there whilst doing so. You really get the best of both worlds.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone within my department valued me from the moment I started, and ensured I felt welcome straight away. The tasks I were given showed I was valued as a employee.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had a great balance of work and never felt over/under worked. My team members were really supportive in offering to help if I felt overwhelmed with work and vice versa.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In terms of responsibility, it grew fairly throughout my placement, I started taking on more advanced tasks after about 2 months and felt like I could handle them. It was nice to be eased in to the company at a pace that suited me.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The training was great and industry specific within finance and the automotive industry, however it has given me skills that range far wider than that as well.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The HR team were good at keeping the atmosphere in the office positive and organized fantastic events during Christmas and Halloween for example, there was also great opportunities to get involved with charity projects.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organization was great and we had a full induction when we first joined, this consisted of team building as well as learning about the wider company. We were given clear instructions when we started and I never felt forgotten about as I perhaps would of in a larger company.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were given the option of going on numerous training courses and they really wanted to develop you for future jobs and they recognize that as a student you want to constantly be learning.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
My prospects are very good, they have started a graduate scheme which I will be applying for and will happily come back to the RCI family.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yeah the interns all went out together and enjoyed nights out and lunches together, it was a really close group in our year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was a lot cheaper than living in Central London with all the perks of living in London as it was only a short train journey away.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London is just 20 minutes away so the nightlife was fantastic as there were plenty of options to go out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?