This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.
- 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
- 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
- 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
- 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
- 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
- 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
- 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- 10. What were the perks on your work placement?
- 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I thoroughly enjoyed my year at Moore Stephens. I worked with a fantastic team (Marketing), and was given a lot of responsibility which meant i gained as much experience as possible
I had heard from many other placements that you are treated as an intern and are given very basic "intern style tasks". At Moore Stephens we were pulled in right at the deep end and were treated as core members of the team. My colleagues, in the marketing team and also managers and partners across the different departments in the firm, were very supportive and were always showing how grateful they were for my input and work
My Manager could not have been more supportive, We had weekly catch ups where i could tell her any issues i was having and make sure i was coping with my workload. She was always checking everything was okay and i could always go to her at any point of the week and ask for help. She also encouraged me to get involved in projects and tasks that i had not been involved with before, to make the most of my experience. The team as a whole were extremely supportive and i felt i could go to anyone for help.
I was very busy all the time. This shows how much responsibility we were given though and i would never be bored at my desk. At times it was hard to balance the workload and could be stressful but the team were always there for support and there would always be someone who could help take the pressure off. We worked really well as a team to share out the work.
From the beginning i was given a lot of responsibility and felt a real part of the team. I had one to one meetings on a regular basis with partners from different departments and worked on projects for them.
i learnt a variety of skills and worked with many different people. These will be vital for going into the working world after finishing university.
Although a professional services firm, especially in the marketing department there was a great professional yet relaxed atmosphere. I could talk to anybody , we all got on well and laughed all the time. We had many socials as a team which was great to be able to get to know everyone outside of the office.
I think it was very well organised. We were only the second group of placement students to work in marketing. There were 5 of us which worked really well as we were a mini team within the wider marketing team.
There were weekly training sessions that we could sign up to to improve our skills. These included various Microsoft courses, presentation skills, business writing etc. With my line manager i had weekly catch ups and also reviews throughout the year where we set targets and focused on my improvements every few months.
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
I would happily go back and work at Moore Stephens when i finish university
We had a great social scene amongst not just the placement students but the whole team. We had a lot of lunches as well as evening drinks around London. The christmas party was one of the best parts of the year!
I lived at home and commuted up to London daily so the train was quite expensive, but cheaper than living in London. As we worked right in the city, it was quite expensive but we found some cheaper places that we often went to.
There are loads of places to go - i think we managed to get around most of them in the year!
The CSR team put on various events which we were given the opportunity to get involved in. The city run happens each year but it happened just after i left so wasn't able to go
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Market Research, Marketing, Media
Central London and City