Application Developer at Lubrizol

Derby North West
Computer Science

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Problem solving using code. Building bespoke web apps to solve business needs. Working with technology such as .NET, C# and SQL to build robust systems.

I really enjoyed my placement. I worked as an application developer. I was given a lot of freedom and trust. Lubrizol treat interns/placement students as full time staff. I learnt lots of new technologies - C#, .NET and these were used to solve technical business problems.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

I felt really valued by colleagues, my input was welcomed and taken on board. Based on the project you work on sometimes your are actually leading the projects so you are given a lot of trust.

At Lubrizol I had two managers, one for technical side and another for business/employment side. Lubrizol uses a open door policy so you can ask questions anytime. Pluralsight was used for building technical skills and company specific configuration was explained to me by my manager.

Very busy in the morning. Later on in the day meeting are conducted with US team.

Given lots of responsibility. On some project you are in charge of tasks end to end. So involved in full project cycle - requirements, implementation, testing and delivery.

Technology learnt such as .NET is used industry wide so will help when I get a job. Skills like problem solving help in my degree.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Office was split with IT support. Atmosphere was really positive, staff encouraged to take break to be more productive.

Well structured.

Lubrizol invest in staff to learn new skills. Facilities such as Pluralsight allows developers to stay up to date. Even went to a Microsoft event to learn about potential technology to implement into the business.

Some what appealing.

Sometime manager and students go to the pub/restaurant on special event. Help build communication and better atmosphere.

Derby is very cheap compared to London.

Derby is close to cities such as Nottingham which are famous for their nightlife.

Lubrizol has a social committee which hosts events such as laser tag, hiking. So many opportunities if your proactive.