1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Sadly I didn't enjoy my internship because they told me their was no work to do. my job description stated well spoken English needed, however, when I got their, they only had Chinese clients and told me to on WeChat during the whole duration of my internship.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very little support from the manager and internship provider however colleagues seemed nice and wanted to get to know me. However I was excluded from team meetings that I should have been in because I was English.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very poor guidance. No work to do, not sympathetic or understanding that I paid £3000 to the internship provider.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Had no work to do the whole time in the office and when I was out an events. As an events management intern, I should have been working at event but got told to sit in Starbucks for the whole 12 hours.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
No responsibility at all as mentioned above.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Absolutely none apart from learning about the culture, however I came to get experience working in events.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Lazy. People were sleeping and told me to enjoy it.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I would put 0 if I could. I was stranded on arrival as no one from the internship provider was their with the key, did not have any Chinese lessons that I paid for, one site seeing activity out of 4, tried to make me pay extra for bills and healthcare, did not get a welcome pack, had my phone 19 days late there was a lack of communication. Very disorganised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
None. I didn't even meet the line manager. I had no training and no insite into the company.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not appealing at all. They didn't assist me with anything or provide me with any work.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I didn't go out with colleagues however they were keen to get to know me.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very poor. I paid £700 to the internship program user for my accomodation. Previous Tennant paid 300. Poor value for money.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I don't know because I didn't know anyone. I didn't get the social activities that I paid for, otherwise I would have known. I would have loved to have explored the nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
No because I didn't know anyone but I'm sure there are activities around. I didn't want to go alone.