Events assistant at China Internship Placements

1.2
2.6

3.2

Organise events

Sadly I didn't enjoy my internship because they told me their was no work to do. my job description stated well spoken English needed, however, when I got their, they only had Chinese clients and told me to on WeChat during the whole duration of my internship.

Very little support from the manager and internship provider however colleagues seemed nice and wanted to get to know me. However I was excluded from team meetings that I should have been in because I was English.

Very poor guidance. No work to do, not sympathetic or understanding that I paid £3000 to the internship provider.

Had no work to do the whole time in the office and when I was out an events. As an events management intern, I should have been working at event but got told to sit in Starbucks for the whole 12 hours.

No responsibility at all as mentioned above.

Absolutely none apart from learning about the culture, however I came to get experience working in events.

Lazy. People were sleeping and told me to enjoy it.

I would put 0 if I could. I was stranded on arrival as no one from the internship provider was their with the key, did not have any Chinese lessons that I paid for, one site seeing activity out of 4, tried to make me pay extra for bills and healthcare, did not get a welcome pack, had my phone 19 days late there was a lack of communication. Very disorganised.

None. I didn't even meet the line manager. I had no training and no insite into the company.

Not appealing at all. They didn't assist me with anything or provide me with any work.

I didn't go out with colleagues however they were keen to get to know me.

Very poor. I paid £700 to the internship program user for my accomodation. Previous Tennant paid 300. Poor value for money.

I don't know because I didn't know anyone. I didn't get the social activities that I paid for, otherwise I would have known. I would have loved to have explored the nightlife.

No because I didn't know anyone but I'm sure there are activities around. I didn't want to go alone.