1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I throughly enjoyed my placement!
This feeling progressed throughout the placement year as the company culture and practices became more and more embedded with me.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Once I got the hang of day to day bread and butter activities, I was given more repsonsibilities that gave me a sense of autonomy and incresed my percieved value to the organisation.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You are thrown in the deep end but are given plenty of support and guidance.
The open office environment and culutre made the fast paced environment an opportunity to learn the most and apply theoretical knowledge - practically.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Extremely busy once a few months in.
Again, this didn't take a toll on my motivation to work, time flew by and I was getting a lot more done that I ever imagined.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsiblity grew progressively and steadily throughout the placement.
I eventually saw myself in a position to teach others the innovative ideas I had implimented and has now become part of the day-to-day business processes.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Overall, my confidence sky-rocketed! I am now very much ready to enter the full-time workplace once graduated and able to demonstarte the skills I've developed and transfer them to a professional environment.
I now have a better and organised approach to my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Open, friendly and approachable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Induction could have been better, but this has been improved on, as they ask for feedback on how to improve.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had the opportunity to attend courses, learning sessions/classess from other staff and leanring and developmetn clases.
The end of year evaluation of performance, help as a reflective tool to my development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Enough interns to keep social scenes exciting.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not bad, just outside of London.
Like any intern who lives in or near London, learn to budget!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not the greatest
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Clubs are available; i.e. running, football.etc or you can suggest to create your own