1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was one of the best job ever. Learned a lot.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They are amazing. you can just walk to anyone office anytime and ask question.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
They are always available for any question, in and off work related.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I like learning new things so I am always happy to sit in front of my desk and learn.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Enough to improve with the project I was working on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
For someone who has a mathematics background, I will say this internship help me understand more the the impact the maths can have in real life problem. It help me build the bridge between the theory and the application. I learned a lot, push further the limit of my PhD project and personal knowledge in programming.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was nice, perfect to work. We had the right balance between the fun time and the work time.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Great! I had all materials necessary to work by the end of the first week. It was a good process to help me understand how to access any materials any time.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There is at least 2 to 3 programs review in the company every week (different department, different project). Also the university of Cambridge is close by, so great opportunity to learn more from their workshop and seminar.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
My hobby is to learn and be amazed by new things and their impact in human life. SGR is a place of great scientists, that keep impressed me with their approach of problem in all department. So I will definitely considerate an offer from the organization.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is always a good atmosphere within the organization. But too many things to learned, so I wasn't that focus on the off office social activities among the placement students/colleagues. However, we play football once a week.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
For me everything is expensive in Cambridge. But thanks god, SGR is covering the renting.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I have no idea. All I can say is that it safe. I can safely go home at any time from work.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I am a passionate of football and there are clubs around to play during the weekend.