Regional Comms Content Intern at The Walt Disney Company

London Greater London
Public Relations

6.9/10

3.8

The Regional Communications team supports Disney Channel campaigns from an EMEA perspective.
My role as Regional Communication Intern for Disney Channels franchises such as Star Wars and Marvel was to help to create and distribute assets and announcements, facilitate talent and press opportunities and support with priority shows and campaigns.
On a day-to-day basis I liaising with PR managers across EMEA. This involves ad hoc requests, distributing assets, setting up phone opportunities with talent, playing a key role in organising asset creation days and talent tours and EMEA coverage reporting.
Key skills I enhanced when completing the job included, attention to detail, effective communication skills, a high standard of writing skills and organisation skills.

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement at the Walt Disney Company as Regional Communications - Content Intern. I developed many key skills that are needed to work in PR such as communication, organisation and attention to detail.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 19 roles at The Walt Disney Company

I was extremely lucky to have an amazing team that supported me throughout my time on placement. I learned a lot from my managers and was given roles of responsibility throughout my year there. I was encouraged on a daily basis to share my thoughts and opinions.

I received fantastic support from my team and never felt undervalued or under appreciated. The constant communication about how I was doing and how I was finding my workload was second to none.

A my role was across EMEA and liaising with the team in the US the work load was consistently busy on a daily basis.

I was very lucky that my team gave me roles of responsibly on placement such as being in charge of my own bi weekly calls with PR managers in Portugal, Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary.

Attention to detail was a key skill I learnt and I think this will help when it comes to reading for my dissertation and reading sources for coursework. As it was a busy environment to work in time management is also something I have taken away from this experience and this is providing useful when sticking to final year deadlines.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 19 roles at The Walt Disney Company

Everyone in the office was very friendly and there was constant chattier and laughs.

The placement was very organised and the HR team had everything co ordinated effectively. I would also note that my own manager, This section of the comment has been removed
by a member of the RateMyPlacement Team because
it did not meet our site terms and conditions
was very organised and made sure that every process I had to complete during placement was seamless.

I was always encouraged by my managers to look out for training courses that I thought would be benefical to my development within the role. I do think that this is something that I should have engaged with more.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time on placement and working within the entertainment industry and I would consider applying for a job within the company again however I would do so at a later stage in my career.

I was very lucky that the other placement students were all lovely girls and we all got on very well. I would say that I would have liked to attend more team events with all the Comms team as I do feel that the social aspect was not brilliant.

As I was living in London the cost of living was significantly higher than my student rent in Belfast. I was very lucky to have a supportive family as it can be hard to budget in London. I was lucky that I was able to walk to work so that reduced daily travel costs.

The offices were based in Hammersmith and although there were a few nice pubs along the river the general area is not great for socialising

The internal comms team always promoted any activities that were taking part within the company and it was a great way to volunteer. For example I volunteered at the annual Employee Forum and The Autism Friendly showing of Aladdin.