Vacation Scheme Student at Shoosmiths

Birmingham West Midlands
Commercial Law

7.5/10

Intern in the Commercial Department

I found the placement valuable as it involved a variety of different tasks and I received detailed feedback.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

I felt valued as many employees took an interest in what i've been doing and where I want to go with my career. I also felt valued by Graduate Recruitment who gave detailed feedback and asked if I was planning on applying to the firm in the future.

I had two supervisors and felt well supported throughout the week.

I believe the people skills, legal knowledge and confidence I gained from this placement will aid me substantially in my future career.

The placement was structured rigorously from the start and maintained throughout.

The atmosphere in my department struck a good balance between friendly, sociable and quiet/busy.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

My supervisor spent at least an hour a day supporting my, giving me tasks, reviewing them and providing me with feedback. He also organised catch up sessions where he asked me how I was doing and how I could contribute more.

The atmosphere in the firm was friendly, the firm had a good work/life balance and the work itself was rather interesting.

The support i received during my placement epitomised the non-hierarchical and supportive culture of the firm.

The opportunities for networking were limited given that the placement was only a week long and many of the employees were busy.

There were a few social events which I got involved in.

Yes. Shoosmiths offer great sport, charity, and general social activities outside of work.