Commercial Placement Student at Marks & Spencer

Chelmsford, Essex Greater London
Business Management Sales

7.3/10

5.2

Job role includes learning to manage a team of people in running the everyday store activities on either the foodhall or clothing and home.

I really enjoyed my placement year with Marks and Spencer. It was always interesting and fast paced.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Marks & Spencer

I enjoyed working with my colleagues of my level a lot. Everyone in M&S is really friendly.

I was given a lot of support by my colleagues and my line manager, you get the opportunity to move around departments which means you get to work with a lot of different people.

Very busy! Each day was completely different, it was busy but in a fast paced environment.

Initially you are just a trainee in the store which gives you the opportunity to see all the different elements of the store. Towards the end when you are more confident you can be given a lot of responsibility.

I developed leadership skills which will be vital to any career I go into.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Marks & Spencer

Although not really an office job, the environment as a whole was good fun and everyone was friendly.

The placement programs although started with some structure is very much dependent on you and how you learn. You have the flexibility to move departments and move into new areas as per a discussion with your line manager. You have the opportunity to follow a structured programme if you would like.

The whole of my placement year was there for me to train and learn the role. There was no pressure to quickly learn, it is all about learning and therefore M&S invested a lot in me.

• There were no perks with this Placement Year

I will be returning to M&S after completing my final year at university.

There were some oppuritunities to meet the others on placement.

I worked in Chelmsford and therefore accommodation wasn't too costly.

The nightlife was ok.

Some opportunities although as you are management there is more limited options.