1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I am thoroughly enjoying my placement with RCI Financial Services. The main thing that makes RCI such a great company to work for is the people here, everyone is extremely approachable and welcoming. This in itself has made me feel very comfortable here. I have been given responsibility for projects and reports, which I manage on a day to day basis. Overall, my placement at RCI has hugely improved my confidence and has given me the opportunity to put my skills and knowledge from university into practice in a diverse and challenging work environment.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have been made to feel a valued member of my team from day one. My role is within the Marketing Operations team, where everyone works together very closely. Knowledge is shared amongst everyone so we can all help each other as much as possible. I was given responsibilities of my own from day one, being trusted with important reports and tasks, to me this proves I am valued within my team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I feel very supported in my role, I am comfortable to ask questions whenever I am unsure about something and am confident someone will be able to help me and explain things thoroughly. I receive feedback on my work on a regular basis and am supported to push myself to the best of my ability within work life.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My workload varied depending on the time of the month. Many of my tasks are ad hoc requests and queries or support to the various managers in my team, however, I will always offer my help when I have completed the tasks in my to do list.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a fair amount of responsibility during my placement, managing my own workload. I manage my own reports and monthly project calculating Dealer Earnings.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The main skill I have hugely improved on during my time at RCI is my excel skills, which I am sure will help me with analysis in my final year of university as well as in prospective careers. My interpersonal skills and self confidence have also drastically improved whilst working at RCI, improving my skill set for the Graduate Application process after graduating.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office is very open plan which allows RCI's communal and tight knit nature to thrive.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement program was well organized, during the first week we had a cross over period with the previous interns which proved imperative to me taking the role on smoothly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
RCI organized for us to take part in Advanced Product Training as part of our time here which proved very valuable in increasing my understanding on the wider goal of the company.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Naturally, being in London, the cost of living was much higher than that of being at university. However, the social life and activities available in the area make up for this.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?