1. Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
2. Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
3. Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
4. Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
5. Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
6. Analyze risks and opportunities
7. Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
8. Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
9. Work with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers
10. Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
11. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
12. Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent on the placement/project and the people I worked with
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt invaluable to the team, which is a sure way to achieve happiness for me
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The fullest support was given, and the knowledge and guidance was superb
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were busier than others, but overall there was plenty to do
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was one of 4 key people entrusted with ensuring the tasks were completed by the deadline dates
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My experience on this placement/project has motivated me to seek more opportunities involving the skills and experiences I gained during my time
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The people I worked with were easy to get on with and I thoroughly enjoyed their company. We shared knowledge, skills, and experiences with each other that helped us achieve our goals
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The nature of the work involved meant that things could be a bit haphazard at times
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
After this placement I ended up with a promotion at work
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing as the company are global
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
From time to time there was activity outside of the work place
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?