1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Completely enjoyed working for the Atos team, with the other placement students, graduates, and colleagues making sure i was having the best possible placement year. I couldn’t have asked for a more helpful team. The placement mentors were especially helpful in ensuring everything was going swimmingly both in and outside work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Being a part of lots of teams I never felt like the ‘Intern’, everyone gave people respect for what they knew no matter your level. More experienced colleagues were always happy to pass on that knowledge whenever an opportunity arose. The social side of the teams quickly shone through as well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor ensured that I was working on the projects that I wanted to be a part of and always supported me to improve my development. Allowing me to take on my own projects and present my own findings to the rest of the team that I thought may be beneficial
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The workload was pretty much perfect. Some days were busier than others but I could always ask for new projects or a break without feeling like I was being judged by any one. If I lacked resources they were always quick to give them to me and ensure I was 100%
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was able to lead, or have a position of responsibility, for every project I was a part of. From running security analytics to building websites I had always had enough responsibility to feel like I was developing my managerial skills. I knew that if I was unsure of how I was doing I could always ask for advice.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I learned here are life long and have already helped me get several other positions. I was always persuaded to pursue my self development of soft skills that other employers will look for and I am really glad that I took them up on that advice. Definitely worth doing
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great atmosphere allround. A great sense of competitiveness mixed with camaraderie. There was always something going on like cake sales or nights out and trips. Everyone usually got involved so it was great to chat with people you wouldn’t normally run into and experience people outside of the direct office environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was very well set up, everything was very quick and organised. From training to receiving company equipment and the job flow. Never noticed a hiccup in it really. The work was also pretty seamless with some gaps between projects, but the longest gap was only a day until the next project was in full swing.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They were really invested in my self learning. Everything from soft skills to new coding languages and business workshops. If I wanted to do it they usually had something online or inhouse workshops that I was able to attend. It was great knowing that it was such an open experience.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I got offered 3 jobs at the end of my placement within different teams that I had worked for during it. It was a great honour to know how much the work id done was valued to them and that it would continue even after my placement had finished. Great communication when they spoke to me about the roles I would be doing.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was living and working in central London so it was pretty expensive. My wage was pretty good though for a placement and it definitely helped. It was very noticeable how expensive it was when visiting friends outside of London and how much further their money went. This is definitely an area thing though and nothing the company could control
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?