Marketing Intern at Church & Dwight

5.9/10

7.7
4.8

4.5

I had a fantastic year working at Church & Dwight UK. I developed lots of new skills, gained so much knowledge and really enjoyed the work I had to do.

I assisted my colleagues with a lot of the work they needed to complete so I think they did value my help.

I was provided with inductions, trainings, weekly meetings with my managers, etc.

I was extremely busy throughout my placement year. Every day was completely different as my responsibilities varied so much. This kept the job very interesting and exciting as well as challenging!

I was given a lot of responsibility throughout my project which was very rewarding and allowed me to learn a lot. I was assigned my own projects from start to finish which was a great opportunity for me!

I learnt more than I could have every imaged during my placement year which will definitely facilitate my last year at university and has prepared me for my future jobs. I feel much more knowledgable and mature now!

Everyone is friendly at Church & Dwight which makes it a nice and quite calm working atmosphere. The office has a variety of age groups and nationalities so it is very diverse.

The placement year did not have specific structure or specific processes. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing because it meant that I was able to do so much different work and taylor the placement according to my preferences. You probably get much more out of placement that has less structure than one which has.

The company provided inductions and training on things like outlook, word, powerpoint, excel, time management, etc. These mainly take place in the first few months of working at the company.

The company don't offer jobs prior to a placement year and don't have a graduate scheme.

There aren't many placement at Church & Dwight in comparison to other companies, however, all of them were really friendly and open about doing social activities. The company does not help placement students or colleagues with social activities, this is something you need to organise yourself outside of work.

Compared to London, the area where the office is in is very affordable.

The area is very small and doesn't have much going on. I would not recommend the nightlife in the area.

The company didn't provide any information or support with this. This is something that you would have to organise on your own.