Vacation Scheme Student at Shoosmiths

Birmingham East Midlands
Commercial Law

8.8/10

Vacation Scheme at Shoosmiths LLP - in the corporate department, completing tasks for my department and tasks for my own presentation which I had to deliver at the end of the week.

The vacation scheme was very enjoyable as I was able to get involved with different parts of the business.

I felt valued as if I had a question or query, someone would always be willing to help and answer me.

My host was very supportive and guided all of my tasks.

They will help me massively.

The insight was well structured as I was allocated tasks and I had to decide how to best structure my day - there were also regular check ups to see how I was progressing.

The atmosphere was good - everyone was really friendly.

The firm invested in me by supporting me and helping with my work.

It helped me a lot as I now know what the day-to-day tasks of a solicitor at Shoosmiths entail. I learned this from observing colleagues and through the work I did myself.

A lot - culture was talked about a lot and the company values were shown through how the employees worked.

Very valuable - it made me realise that I do want to pursue this career.

I was paid for the week I worked at Shoosmiths.

Not particularly - but I did meet a few other colleagues through collecting money for a dress down for charity day.

I met people through working at the firm but there were no particular networking events set up.

Yes - I was invited to a BPS event by my host which I thoroughly enjoyed.

yes - it was enjoyable and informative.