Assistant Surveyor at Avison Young

Manchester North West
Property/Real Estate Property/Real Estate

9.3/10

Business Rates - I was tasked with completing rating appeals on a variety of property types taking them through from first inspection to eventual settlement.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with GVA, so much so that I stayed beyond my placement and returned on a part time basis during my final year studies.

I felt extremely valued by colleagues as soon as I started at GVA, everyone was very appreciative of the work I completed and I was rewarded accordingly.

I was provided with all the support and guidance I required and more.

I was always busy, there wasn’t a day where I was sat doing nothing. Although I was busy my managers where always mindful of my work load and never made it unachievable.

I was given significant responsibility fairly early on in my placement, however I never felt uncomfortable. I was eased into my responsibilities and knew that help and assistance was always available if I required it.

The skills I developed both from working at GVA and the training provided will be invaluable to my degree and future career.

The atmosphere was very good, everyone was extremely friendly and happy to help with any queries and by providing additional experience in other departments. There where regular office meetings and social events organised and subsidized by GVA.

The placement was very well organised.

GVA invested a significant amount in me. I received all the training I required and undertook large amounts or additional training and CPD organised through GVA to count towards my APC. I also participated in mock APC interviews and had regular progress meetings.

The prospects of a graduate position are excellent, GVA appear keen to retain good placement students.

There where frequent team outings and fellow placement students and graduates where always keen to socialise.

Living in the centre of Manchester I found the cost of living quite high, however socialising could be done cheaply once you get to know the city.

Brilliant!

There where often activities taking place outside of work and a number of these where subsidized by GVA.