5.0/10

• About You
  • The Organisation
  • Everything Else
  2. 10

The placement was the best of all the work experience I have completed at a law firm. This was because it really was a canvass to showcase yourself at your best, with all the encouragement needed to do so.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. 10

I felt like a member of staff and didn't want to leave.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. 10

The buddy/supervisor arrangement meant that all the guidance and support I needed was there whenever I needed it. The trainee dedicated extra time out of their day to ensure that I was comfortable and encouraged to make the most out of the week.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. 10

The tasks assigned during the week gave me the assurance that I have the necessary skills, as a base, to build on during a training contract.

10. 10

The placement struck the perfect balance of being structured while at the same time allowing the opportunity for candidates to shape the week using their own initiative.

12. 10

Really welcoming.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. 10

This was a paid placement. Many law firms offer unpaid placements. The pay was just one of the elements that added to the feeling that you were invited to really be a part of the team for the week. It was indicative that this is a firm that values its people.

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. 10

Having worked as a paralegal, for me the placement was an opportunity to contrast my experience at a very traditional firm with a more modern and forward thinking firm.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. 10

The culture at the firm was what shaped my experience.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
  20. 10

The week helped me to focus on the kind of law firm which I want to work for in the future and helped me to see the importance of pushing to land a job at a firm which is right for me.

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?

22. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  23. 10

Yes. I was encouraged to interact as much as I could with all members of the team.

25. 8

The timing of the placement meant that there wasn't much opportunity to attend social events. However candidates were encouraged to create opportunities, so there was the possibility of organising a social event.

26. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  27. 10

Yes. The trainees were well informed on this.

29. 10

I would recommend the experience to any aspiring solicitor to get a feel for a modern law firm.

30. In addition to these questions, is there any extra information you would like to leave about your experiences on your work placement that other students may be interested in?

Legal/Law