1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed it. It went beyond my expectations.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued. We were like family and I was encouraged, helped and always included.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisors were very supportive and demonstrated care for me and how I feel in the company over my internship duration.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It really was perfect balance.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I would say perfect responsibility. Obviously, as an intern it won't be the wisest move to be given all the responsibility of the "show", since I am not professional yet; I would say that i was given a wisely chosen project to work on that not only helped me grow more professionally in knowledge and experience, but also later this project benefited the team without affecting their current dynamic (and quite deadline-tight ) work flow . The project required responsibility on its own, but not to the point of risking the performance of the whole team work. Rather it was a set aside responsibility that didn't cross with the team duties over the internship period, but later it was used to aid the speed of the team work performance.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Yes, they did helped me remeber some key concepts of CS.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fun really never stopped.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised. It was flawless.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Yes, they did invest in me. They not only payed me well but also cared about my experience benefits from a professional point of view and also they made sure I feel convenient, welcomed and included.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I plan to apply for a job with them.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very enjoyable and welcome really. :)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was OK. Maybe not super cheap, but there are supermarkets around , plus a lot of kitchen areas in the company's building, so you can cook for yourself during lunch break and it will be cheap. However, when it comes to socialising- restaurant around tend to be a bit more expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was nice. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes to choose from.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?