Surveying Placement Student at Avison Young

Birmingham West Midlands
Property/Real Estate

8.2/10

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with GVA

I felt incredibly valued by my team. They supported my development every step of the way.

On two occasions, I had to flex my work around personal commitments, and my line manager made this as easy as possible.

In my team, the work was project-based, so we were incredibly busy at some times and not so busy at others.

I felt trusted to liaise with clients directly on my own once I'd settled in.

I feel like this role has equipped me suitably well to transition into my career as a surveyor after university.

Friendly and professional.

The recruitment team were always on-hand to help with any issues. The transition from application to joining was smooth.

As soon as I joined, I was booked into internal training around what to expect from the role.

I'd love to be able to pursue a graduate career with GVA.

We were a tight-knit group of placement students.

Birmingham is on the pricier side but still a lot cheaper than other major cities!

Bars on your doorstep that you can get a company discount for. Enough said.

There were opportunities for fundraising, but nothing substantial.