1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Didn't enjoy that much. Whilst I learnt a lot, the whole experience got me down.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Not particularly. Permanent colleagues tend to ignore interns etc. Excluded from social events.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Manager was absolutely awful, belittling, nasty. Classic assassin with a smile. Even in pub, she tried to tell me that I shouldn't be drinking "because you have shit to do for me tomorrow"
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Quite busy stressing out. My job involved chasing a lot of people without having any power or consequences to change anything
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot of responsibility....with little power.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Actually taught me a lot. First of all, to not work here. Secondly, resilience. Third, no job is worth the cost to your health.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Quite fun actually, always lots of events, free bars etc.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Badly. I see that the HR Graduate Responsible, said that she caught up with every student twice in the year. Not true. Again, classic smiling assassin. Always made out she was helping the interns when not a lot was happening.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Not a lot, again HR would claim a lot. But nothing beyond elearning.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
None. Would never go back. Got a better job elsewhere, where I'm valued, so just goes to show, have faith in yourself.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good social scene.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Lived at home, but most students were in London so can be expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Amazing, socials were well connected, could get good deals at best clubs
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?