1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year at golfbreaks.com in the role of sales consultant. My role was hard work however very rewarding, especially when hitting targets. As golfbreaks take on 20 placement students each year, the social aspect is excellent.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
You are treated the same as a full time employee with regards to responsibility and autonomy. The team spirit within my department made it an enjoyable place to work
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Assistance was there from my manager as and when required. The two week intensive training course at the start of the placement is a big help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Throughout busy months the workload was heavy. There was rarely a lack of work to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You are treated like a full time employee with regards to expectations and responsibility
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The experience gave me an excellent understanding of a real world working environment
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Socially, the atmosphere is excellent as there is a young and outgoing workforce
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The year was excellently organised, Golfbreaks have been running the placement scheme for over 10 years so it runs smoothly
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was made to feel as a valuable part of the team, and was allowed to experience a different area of the business for two months of my placement
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to work at golfbreaks.com again with regards to the excellent working environment. The only downside is the price of relocating to Windsor.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor is very expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
If you are into golf, there is lots of opportunity to play different courses around the world