Placement Student at Avison Young

Placement (5-9 Months)
Property/Real Estate

5.7/10

6.0

Business rates assistant surveyor.

The rating work itself was quite mundane, however I particularly enjoyed working with the team members and getting out to visit all manner of different buildings in London.

All of my colleagues were very approachable and I felt valued by the team.

My colleagues were all very supportive in my efforts throughout my time in the office; particularly my line manager.

I was busy throughout every day, however it was a good balance and I can't recall a time being completely overloaded with work.

As the months progressed I feel I became more responsible and reliable to the point where I was able to visit and liaise with a client on my own.

I feel the skills I acquired and enhanced when working at GVA will aid me massively during my final year at Uni and in later working life; particularly my interpersonal skills and being professional in the office on a daily basis.

The office was really nice with a good atmosphere on a daily basis. Everyone working at GVA are extremely professional.

I felt I was in good hands immediately when joining GVA. There were structured training sessions for me to adapt to the job and continued support from my line manager.

I felt GVA had a genuine interest in developing all placement students and graduates.

Although I enjoyed my time at GVA I have been fortunate enough to receive a job offer elsewhere.

The social life in general at GVA was second to none. I enjoyed integrating with the team.

It was extremely difficult to manage my money when working in Central London. Very expensive!

The bars and clubs around the area in which I worked were very good although very expensive.

I did not really get involved with any activities outside of work.