1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The rating work itself was quite mundane, however I particularly enjoyed working with the team members and getting out to visit all manner of different buildings in London.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All of my colleagues were very approachable and I felt valued by the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My colleagues were all very supportive in my efforts throughout my time in the office; particularly my line manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was busy throughout every day, however it was a good balance and I can't recall a time being completely overloaded with work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As the months progressed I feel I became more responsible and reliable to the point where I was able to visit and liaise with a client on my own.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel the skills I acquired and enhanced when working at GVA will aid me massively during my final year at Uni and in later working life; particularly my interpersonal skills and being professional in the office on a daily basis.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was really nice with a good atmosphere on a daily basis. Everyone working at GVA are extremely professional.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I felt I was in good hands immediately when joining GVA. There were structured training sessions for me to adapt to the job and continued support from my line manager.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I felt GVA had a genuine interest in developing all placement students and graduates.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Although I enjoyed my time at GVA I have been fortunate enough to receive a job offer elsewhere.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social life in general at GVA was second to none. I enjoyed integrating with the team.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was extremely difficult to manage my money when working in Central London. Very expensive!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The bars and clubs around the area in which I worked were very good although very expensive.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I did not really get involved with any activities outside of work.