1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement and was given plenty of independence and responsibilities.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel I had a fantastic group of colleagues who were very supportive and I felt extremely valued within my team and the organisation.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given guidance when required by my manager and supervisor
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given a regular projects to attend to and I was responsible for liaising with different teams to complete the task for the client.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a great amount of responsibility during my placement. I had a lot of exposure to senior management, VPs and the CEO.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel motivated to continue to use my skills i learnt during placement to progress in my final year. I will especially use time management, planning and prioritising skills throughout the duration of my year at university to get the best out of my university experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was a open plan office and was a great way to network and meet new people within the organisation.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I enjoyed the structure of the internship and the programme. I felt I was assigned the best department for me and I feel I excelled in my job role. However, I feel at times the scheme could have been more organised. We had our induction training 3 months after we had started. I feel it would have been more beneficial in the begin of our placement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I feel we had a lot of training during our placement and educational seminars. However, I feel we should have been offered some more training qualification to further our careers during our placement year (e.g. prince 2 etc).
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Atos offer a 18 month graduate scheme and I am looking to re-apply to join the scheme
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is organised events for graduates and interns. I feel this is a great opportunity to network in a social environment. Atos should provide more funding and organise paid events for the GIA community.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was expensive, however there is a good socialising scene in the local area.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was good and there are a lot of bars, restaurants and clubs in the local area
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We organised a GIA football team which was great fun to share common interest with work colleagues.