1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was my first internship and it exceeded all my expectations. I learned a lot and also had fun.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Since the beginning I have felt part of the team and whenever I struggled I got help from my colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had support all the way through the internship, on all the problems I encountered. Everyone was helpful and I had a fantastic team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had a very good balance between being busy and having fun. My objectives were very clear and I also did fun activities with other interns almost daily.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsibilities I was given matched my skills, so I never felt too pressured or left out.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have touched many areas of computer science and optimisation, so I believe there will be many use cases of the skills I developed on the job.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office had quiet in all the places where people worked, so I never had trouble focusing. On the other hand, the coffee or the ping pong area were fun and me and other interns always went there to relax.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well organised. I always knew what I had to do, what is expected and when.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Everyone in my team invested their time and attention into making sure my project had the expected outcome.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There are many career opportunities within Schlumberger and I feel like it is a very good place to develop and grow in area you are interested in
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We always go out and have fun. We try to do as much as we can together and I this is thanks to events organised by the company, such as Intern's day that brought us even closer.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The area is not very cheap, but there are many fun things to do and we took advantage of that.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The Nightlife is not something we enjoyed so much as a group. We preferred other activities.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We are still finding new things to do every week and we tried many new activities.