1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My placement was really good fun, I went on lots of site visits and got to work on a wide variety of projects
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
8 weeks is an odd time to work as personally I felt I could not fully settle in as BH were trying to get as much exposure as possible for me! This is in no way a negative thing as I really got to see how the company operated and gained an insight to the massive range of projects that they work on, but being on the move so much (with site visits and travelling to other offices), it was difficult to see a project progress fully - but that's the nature of the work!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor was incredibly supportive with helping me achieve my goals, management were keen to get me involved in exciting projects. Everyone else was really happy to assist whenever I needed any help (without seeming like it was a burden when explaining the 'simple' things like how to work programmes I'd never used before but were standard at BH)
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Not overwhelmingly busy, but not bored
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibility to complete the tasks I was given to a high standard
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I massively improved my excel skills and learnt to use new computer programmes which I hope to use in my final year of university
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very good. Welcoming, friendly and lots of social events!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very good, there was lots of opportunity to get involved with projects and socials. My induction was comprehensive and everyone in my department knew I was arriving and made really made an effort to make me feel welcome.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were training opportunities for various computer programmes.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Lovely company to work for. I have been fast-tracked to the final application stage for graduate jobs!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good and active Young Engineers Forum
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was able to live at home with my parents, so very cheap for me! For external students Bath can be very expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lots of clubs, not as good or vibrant as Cardiff (where I am at University)
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of sports and socials organised by the company