GAC Intern at Go Abroad China

Shanghai China

8.9/10

continuous management of financial systems and budgets;
undertaking financial audits (an independent check of an organisation's financial position);
providing financial advice.

liaising with clients (individuals or businesses) and providing financial information and advice;
reviewing the company's systems and analysing risk;
performing tests to check financial information and systems;
advising clients on tax planning (within current legislation to enable them to minimise their tax liability) and tax issues associated with activities such as business acquisitions and mergers;
maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information for small businesses (accountancy);
advising clients on business transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions (corporate finance);
counselling clients on areas of business improvement, or dealing with insolvency;
detecting and preventing fraud (forensic accounting);
managing junior colleagues.

i loved my internship. I generally enjoyed the work and had a good variety of projects to work on. I found the projects interesting and felt like I was contributing. The working environment was also very good

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Go Abroad China

A very positive working environment. They were welcoming and friendly

There was continuous support throughout the year, I was able to speak to colleagues and get there advice when needed. We had regular monthly 1-1s / 3 month reviews and other business-related meetings. There wasn't a time I didn't feel supported.

I was suitably busy on a daily basis.I never felt overworked and the hours were always reasonably flexible.

I had increasing responsibility throughout the year and was trusted with leading some tasks and speaking/presenting directly to the client. It could be daunting at times to know the work I was doing actually 'mattered' but the challenge is also motivating.Taking control of these responsibilities and exceeding targets and expectations give's you a sense of self-accomplishment.

I think I developed a lot of valuable skills over the year, particular communication and responsibility from working on projects for a client. I also developed some technical skills, The skills I developed during my summer internship will aid me in the future

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Go Abroad China

There was a positive atmosphere. Generally fairly quiet but everyone I worked with was friendly and approachable and made an effort to help where and when they could. There was a good graduate, apprentice and placement community which organised regular meetings and events.

I felt that I was generally well organised although they seemed slightly under prepared at the start, i.e. there was not any work lined up so I was not very busy for the first few weeks.

The main section of training was at the beginning of the internship; there were three days spent at head office learning the basics of the role

Good, there were incentives to return as a graduate which I plan on doing. There seemed to be good opportunities for career progression and development.

We arranged to go out a few times, outside of official work meals or nights out. Everyone got along inside and outside of work so there were a few bowling outings and cinema trips. There was definitely a very food based atmosphere at work but maybe that's because we were located right next to three fast food places.

I live in the same area for university so it wasn't anything I wasn't used to. The costs of living and socializing were average. Nothing was too expensive.

good nightlife, the area isn't overly expensive so there is always something to do that is within the budget

There were some activities organised through the sport and social club as well as plenty of other opportunities. Thursday football every week.