Internal Communications Intern at The Body Shop

East Croydon Greater London
Public Relations Surveying

8.1/10

7.4

I had a fantastic experience at The Body Shop, especially in my team.

I was lucky to have a small, close knit team. This meant that the work I completed was essential and made me feel extremely valued!

My manager was great in supporting the work I enjoyed and wanted to do. I was able to explore different areas and projects with the support of my line manager.

I would say that my workload at times was probably too much however looking back I don't think I would choose to change that. Our small team was managing many projects at once which was challenging and at times overwhelming but it made it very exciting and gave me a lot of opportunities.

Due to the majority of the year my team only being 3 people, it meant that I had a significant amount of responsibility. I had my own lead projects and had an important role within our team

Although my degree and placement aren't necessarily related I feel I've come away with enhanced skills that will help me through life in general. I also learnt lots of new skills due to my team being so techy!

Generally the atmosphere was good & positive! There was a significant amount of uncertainty during my placement which lead to a more strained working environment. However, the people who work at The Body Shop are all lovely and amazing colleagues which is reflected in the working environment.

The placement was organised well, having there been a number of years of the programme being up and running. There were good opportunities for us organised throughout the year such as a intern swap, talk about the grad schemes. Overall the interns were really left to their teams to manage!

I would love to work for The Body Shop again if I could! Unfortunately there is no grad scheme in the stream that I would apply for but I would definitely look for a job there in the future!

The social scene was quite good. There were socials every month or so whether that be a quiz, drinks or a party. People would generally go for drinks in their teams each week

I'm not sure about the cost of living as I commuted from my family home but to socialise I would say it is standard London pricing!