2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues and managers are all very friendly - great work environment where everyone can be there authentic self. Even senior co-workers were engaged in my work and enabled me to develop.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given support and guidance by my manager but at the same time I was not treated differently than anyone else in my team and I was expected to work independently.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Workload was quite cyclical, sometimes I was very busy and at other times there was less work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In the beginning of the internship we were told to "make our marks". Which is exactly what the experience is about. Essentially, how much responsibility you are given is entirely up to you. The more initiative you take, and the harder you work - the more responsibility you will be given. Some of my projects were rolled out globally and I know plenty of interns who have made a significant impact.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
With regards to my studies I can't see how it would make a significant difference. However, in terms of my future career, the internship will be invaluable. I have learnt how an organization work, and how individuals within it operate. You constantly have to improve your interpersonal skills which will be crucial going forward. Also great insights into the world of finance.
Imagine yourself working at Bloomberg
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg