Application Specialist Intern at Bloomberg

London Greater London
Banking/Finance Information Technology

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

10.0/10

The internship was very well structured - constantly challenging and overall an excellent experience.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

Colleagues and managers are all very friendly - great work environment where everyone can be there authentic self. Even senior co-workers were engaged in my work and enabled me to develop.

I was given support and guidance by my manager but at the same time I was not treated differently than anyone else in my team and I was expected to work independently.

Workload was quite cyclical, sometimes I was very busy and at other times there was less work.

In the beginning of the internship we were told to "make our marks". Which is exactly what the experience is about. Essentially, how much responsibility you are given is entirely up to you. The more initiative you take, and the harder you work - the more responsibility you will be given. Some of my projects were rolled out globally and I know plenty of interns who have made a significant impact.

With regards to my studies I can't see how it would make a significant difference. However, in terms of my future career, the internship will be invaluable. I have learnt how an organization work, and how individuals within it operate. You constantly have to improve your interpersonal skills which will be crucial going forward. Also great insights into the world of finance.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

Great! Bloomberg really values their employees and everyone is friendly.

Very well structured.

They really invest in their employees and interns are especially important.

Plenty of routes within the firm.

London is London - very expensive.